Introduction to Statistics Theory
STA 4322 : Section 5283
Summer B, 2005
Instructor: Sourish Saha
Course Outline: Credits: 3; Pre-req: STA 4321 or equivalent
This is a direct continuation of STA 4321. It provides basic background material for distribution theory,
estimation, hypothesis testing, linear regression analysis, and analysis of variance. A good knowledge
of calculus will be very helpful.
1. Mathematical Statistics and Data Analysis, Second edition. By: John A. Rice, Duxbury, 1995.
2. Mathematical Statistics with Applications, Sixth edition. By: Wackerly, Mendenhall, & Scheaffer, Duxbury, 2002.
1. Khuri’s Advanced calculus with applications in statistics [electronic resource]
2. Mathematics Handbook for science and engineering (UFLIB - Reference - QA41 .R34)
3. Schaum's Outline of theory and problems of probability and statistics [electronic resource]
· Review – STA 4321: Introduction to Probability
· Commonly used Statistical Distributions
· Applications of Various Statistical Distributions
· Relations between distributions
Statistical Computing Resources (
· Probability Distributions - MATLAB
· Statistics Glossary - StatSoft