How to apply to the Graduate Program in Statistics
To apply to the Graduate Program in Statistics at the University of
Florida, please follow the instructions provided by Office of
. The application deadline for entering the program in Fall 2018
is January 8, 2018.
- You will see the following statement in the Office of Admissions
- "When you are ready to apply, remember that the graduate admission
process involves two offices, the Office of Admissions and your academic
unit's office. Selected materials may be sent to both so check with your
academic unit for materials that they may require."
- The Department of Statistics does not require applicants to send any
materials directly to the Department of Statistics.
- You will also see the following statement in the Office of Admissions
- "These are general admission requirements. You should contact the
academic unit for specific program criteria and deadlines. Based upon
the program to which you apply, you may be required to submit items
such as transcripts, recommendation letters, and more."
- The Department of Statistics requires GRE scores. Also,
international students must demonstrate proficiency in English by
achieving a minimal score of 80 on the (internet-based) TOEFL. (The
IELTS can be used in place of TOEFL and the minimum score is 6.)
- The Department of Statistics requires that the following items be
submitted via the online application:
- Three letters of recommendation
- Unofficial transcripts from every post-secondary institution attended
NOTE: Also, official transcripts must be submitted to the University of
Florida Office of Admissions.
Frequently Asked Questions